Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bad Blogger

Yes, I know it's been awhile. It's not because nothing is happening at the Hiemstra House. Blame it on the sunshine. The sun has actually been shining here in Northwest Washington lately and I have learned that you need to take advantage of that when it happens. So, I've been sitting out on my deck and working in the yard instead of sitting by the computer and cleaning my house. Today we are back to grey skies so I thought I'd blog awhile...and then I need to tackle this house.
I took this picture this morning since it was a momentous occasion at the Hiemstra house. Holly informed me this morning that she is partaking of her last hot lunch EVER today. The kiddos' school doesn't have a hot lunch program so about once a month, moms bring in something. Apparently, moms don't bring in hot lunch any more in high school (still hard to believe I am old enough to have a child in high school) so today is IT! Doesn't her hair look cute?
Speaking of lunches, Sam forgot his today. The one morning that I don't have to go anywhere and could have stayed in my jammies until noon, I get a call from my boy telling me he forgot his lunch. I think I will make him be my personal slave for an hour after school. I love that punishment. Sam must of got ahold of my camera again because when I downloaded pictures, I got about 30 different Star Wars Lego shots and these beauties...









And here's a picture of my Katie Kat. She's "helping" me with dishes. Why is it that kids always want to be your helpers when they really are no help and by the time they actually are a help, they don't want to be your helper anymore?



I gotta go clean my house now. I promise I will be a better blogger.

































1 comment:

Mother Superior said...

LOVE the pictures!! In fact I think I'm going to copy them for my wall. Can't believe how much Sam looks like his dad. I am so anxious to see all of them.