It was a fun field trip and totally worth the major headache I got riding the bus. Yes, amazingly, those forty first graders were just as loud coming home.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Yesterday
Look! I'm blogging again! Guess what? It's raining again. UG. No complaining though....yesterday I went on a field trip with Sam and although it wasn't sunny, it didn't rain a drop. YEAH! I elected to ride the bus with the kiddos to the park. I'm not sure what kind of drug was in my coffee that helped me make that decision. Forty very excited first-graders in a metal Twinkie is very, very loud. Lucky for me though, I totally lucked out and got these two as my bus buddies. And although they too were very excited and very loud, they are also very cute. Cole is Sam's bestest buddy at school (just so you know, I am his bestest buddy the rest of the time).
Here we are attempting a class picture. Of course, all the kids wanted to sit on the fence and since I don't have a fancy camera, it's not a very good picture. But, you get the idea.
Here is Sam making butter. Did you know that in the olden days you had to make butter from scratch? This is one of the things we learned on the field trip. We also learned that if you lived in the olden days and had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you had to use a bowl. Suffice it to say that first graders love to talk about going potty and quite a conversation was had over this fact.
Here's Sam's group enjoying their homemade butter on crackers.
And here's Sam and Cole pond skimming. They each had little nets and had to find creatures and such that live in the water.
As much as one loves to pond skim with their buddy, one has to take the time to pond skim with their girlfriend too.
Yesterday was also Sam's last soccer game of the season. Since he no longer plays co-ed, Sam no longer plays with Becca which means that Becca's mom no longer takes picture of Sam which means that this is all I got...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You forgot to tell everyone that our Sam made a goal. Way to go, Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment