We have a great thrift store here in town. Not only can you get some good bargains but all the profits also go to the kid's school. I love to go on Wednesday mornings since they are closed from Sunday through Tuesday which means all the new stuff comes out on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I am a Coffee Break leader....wait, it's not unfortunate that I am a Coffee Break leader...or maybe it is...you'd have to ask my gals...I don't know if they always appreciate my ice-breaker questions or the way that I tend to get way off subject or the fact that sometimes I don't like the questions Beth Moore asks so I just skip them. I digress.
Anyhoo... to my delight, the thrift store recently changed their days to Tuesday to Saturday so now I can go again! Isn't that great John (I say that sarcastically since he doesn't appreciate or understand my love of the thrift store)?! These are my treasures from today:

I love, love, love the turkey plate. It says, "You are a turkey today but I love you anyway". I like to use my "Your special today" plate but let's face it, sometimes my family members aren't acting too special. This is a good alternative. I'll keep you posted who will be the first one to get the turkey plate.
Look mom! I got the baby A and W glass! I found the mama one a couple months ago at the thrift store. Coincidentally, my mom also bought one at an antique store in Minnesota the same time I bought one here...we are so nostalgic...either that or we ate out way too often.
The shoes are for my little princess. She loves to play dress-up.
I buy "Trixie
Beldon" books whenever I see them. I loved Trixie growing up (Nancy Drew was too scary for me) and it's so much fun to re-read them now.
And "Gone with the Wind" is for a movie-fest with my mom when she FINALLY gets here. It is our favorite movie and it's been ages since I've seen it with her. I think we'll let Holly join us this time. I'm pretty sure she's mature enough for Scarlett O'Hara and all her drama. It may take us the entire two weeks she is here to watch it though - my mother has a tendency to fall asleep during movies.
Happy Tuesday!
5 comments:
That turkey plate is so totally awesome. I'm gonna make one when I go to the Tickled Pink place for Becca's birthday. :) AND Holly is about a year past mature enough for Scarlet's drama. ;) AND I'm gonna have to dig through my dress-up box and see if I've got any goodies for sweet Katie.
Very inspirational blog post Dee. LOVE your finds. I had forgotten all about Trixie Belden. AND I forgot to go the thrift store this morning! :( Can I get a reminder call next week?
I now have even more reason to hurry to Washington!! Sitting here in the recliner with my leg up watching my husband do the dishes and pick up the house. Wish you were here!!!
Lovin the plate! I never have read a Trixie Belden book, we did the Hardey Boys and Nancy Drew. We also missed going to the thrift store when we were out. We will have to do that the next time someone gets married:)
Tonight, when Elise crawled on my lap after dinner to listen to the Bible story, I said to her "If I had the turkey plate, I would have given it to you today."
Post a Comment